We Also Offer High Quality Coated Microscope Slides
Thin film coated microscope slides have many applications in optics and biotechnology. They provide an inexpensive option for many sample measurements and can be cleaned and reused. Gold, Aluminum, and ITO coated slides are standard, but any of our coatings can be applied. Metal coatings can be either opaque or partially transparent based on the thickness. Coatings can also be patterned providing multiple sample spots on a single slide.
Our standard substrates include:
- Clear Borosilicate Float Glass Microscope Slides, 1" x 3" x 1.1mm Thick, 50mm x 75mm x 1.1mm Thick
- Clear Borosilicate Glass Coverslips, 25mm Square x 0.13mm-0.16mm Thick, 25mm Diameter x 0.13-0.16mm Thick
- Grade V-4 Muscavite Mica, 25mm Square x 0.26mm (0.010") Thick
- Silicon Wafers, 4" Diameter x 0.52mm Thick
Our clear borosilicate float glass provides excellent transparency in the visible and much better surface quality than the soda-lime glass that is typically offered commercially for microscope slides. BK7, quartz, and aluminosilicate glass slides are also available and can be fabricated to custom dimensions.
Grade V-4 Muscovite Mica recommended for Atomic Force Microscopy and Thin Film Coating Research.
|Coating Type||Standard Options|
|Gold with Titanium Adhesion Layer (Ti/Au)||Gold Layer Thickness: 100Å (10nm), 500Å (50nm), 1000Å (100nm)|
|Gold with Chromium Adhesion Layer (Cr/Au)||Gold Layer Thickness: 100Å (10nm), 500Å (50nm), 1000Å (100nm|
|Aluminum (Al)||Aluminum Thickness: 100Å (10nm), 500Å (50nm), 1000Å (100nm)|
|Aluminum with CHC Thin Film Hard Coat (Al-CHC)||Aluminum Thickness: 100Å (10nm), 500Å (50nm), 1000Å (100nm)|
|Indium-Tin Oxide (ITO)||ITO Sheet Resistance: 14ohms/sq, 30ohms/sq, 100ohms/sq|
|Indium-Tin Oxide (ITO) with Aluminum Bus Bars||ITO Sheet Resistance: 14ohms/sq, 30ohms/sq, 100ohms/sq|
- Microscope slides are polished, cleaned, and inspected individually.
- All films are deposited in a dedicated physical vapor deposition system avoiding contamination that can occur in systems that are shared with commercial coatings.
- All films are deposited with an electron gun in high vacuum.
- Substrates are prepared in a clean room.
- Substrates are pre-cleaned in vacuum using an ion source.
- Ion assisted deposition employed for some films to increase density, reduce stress, and improve adhesion.
- Titanium adhesion layer available for gold films instead of chromium avoiding diffusion of chromium into the gold.
- Optical characterization available using on-site spectrometer.
- Physical thickness measured using on-site interferometer.
- Optional CHC DRLI Thin Film Hardcoat available for all films. Hardcoat provides abrasion resistance and durability. This can increase the lifetime of metal coatings and reduce replacement costs.
- Scanning Probe and Atomic Force Microscopy.
- Surface Plasmon Reflectometry.
- Raman Spectroscopy.
- Cell Culture.
- Aluminum coated slides act as excellent optical references.
- Aluminum bus bars can be applied to an ITO coated slide (shown below). Placing a potential across the slide will then heat the slide and the sample uniformly.
New Coated Well Slides
- 1"x3"x~1.1mm soda-lime glass with 2 concave spherical depressions (round wells). Well diameter: ~15mm. Well Depth: 0.5-0.55mm.
- 1"x3"x~1.1mm water-white glass with 5 concave cylindrical depressions (square wells). Well diameter: ~0.197". Well Depth: ~0.010".